Thursday, August 15, 2013

Russian pattern diagrams from the 1920s

In case you just couldn't get enough of 1920s Russian fashions, here are some pattern draft...type...things I found in the depths of club.season.ru (be warned:  once you come in, you never come out). Even if these don't have measurements, the geometric illustrations are so gorgeous and may inspire you when making your next dress!




Some more gorgeous pattern illustrations after the jump.





This coat is definitely one of my favorites. 





I can't read Russian, but the text looks like it says "theatre costume"–perhaps the illustration shows how to transform a day dress into a theatre costume?



I had to include this for the sheer novelty of a sickle and hammer armband.



This reminds me of those classic Mondrian dresses.

Will you make any dresses inspired by these sort-of-patterns? What did you find the most inspiring?

XOXO,

Annie Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment