Friday, August 16, 2013

Fon Fon, 1952

I've never been into weddings, but I could have sworn my future wedding dress came to me in a dream last night. But when I woke up, I remembered it was just an illustration from Fon Fon.

It looked a little like the one on the left.
I couldn't find a lot of information on Fon Fon, but it was first published in 1907 in Rio de Janeiro and was published for over 50 years until it ceased publication in 1958. I know almost nothing about South American history in the 20th century, but there are a few gorgeous vintage Brazilian and Argentinian fashion magazines I've found that I plan on sharing later. There are some digitized issues here if you want to see more.



This looks like the "wedding issue" or something...check out more gorgeous illustrations under the jump!








What's going on with her hat?







I found this on vintagestory.ru, where they found it via Gatochy

Would you wear any of these dresses? Do you know any more information on this magazine?

XOXO,

Annie Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment