Sunday, August 11, 2013

Russian fashions from 1928

The 1920s were a great decade for fashion. While most people immediately think of designers like Chanel and Poiret, glamorous fashions were not limited to France. This magazine (source unknown, sorry) is from Russia and dates from 1928. I'll break up the posts over the next few days. 


The cover looks nothing like the rest of the illustrations in the magazine.




There's more after the jump!








Some of the illustrations have numbers next to them, which suggests this may be a pattern catalog. Weirdly, none of the illustrations in this post do...oh well. 

I'm struck by how fashion-forward some of these illustrations are. It really does not line up with the propaganda I've seen surrounding the Soviet Union.

What's your favorite dress?

1 comment:

  1. All of these are my favorite! How very fun. As I was looking at all the images, I felt the same way you did aobut the porpaganda....very interesting! Thank you for sharing!

    Blessings!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete