Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Cardiganspiration

That was a truly terrible play on words.

Anyway, I'm procrastinating on untangling a massive skein of yarn, probably 10 ounce's worth. It's a 2/8 wool weaving yarn I got from Webs like, a year ago, and while I've tried to make a variety of things from it, I've just never been able to stick to it. A few months ago I gave it a hot water bath to try to fluff it up a bit, which did actually work, so we'll see how knittable it is...once I untangle everything.

BUT! I've been meaning to make a cardigan from this yarn ever since I got it. Cardigans are fantastic. You can put them on and take them off, which makes them great for a commitment-phobe like myself. They're also great for that awkward too-hot-outside-too-air-conditioned-inside moment in between spring and summer (e.g. right now. Does it really need to be sixty five degrees inside?) But what kind should I make? I should probably figure that out before I cast on!

I have a lot of deep-v cardigans, so I know I want something with a jewel neckline.

I know this isn't a cardigan, but I really love the neck and sleeve detailing. I would probably make it symmetrical and then lengthen the sleeves.

There's more after the jump!



It might be a deep-v, but it's really cute! Who doesn't love a twinset (besides modern buyers and manufacturers, apparently)?

More twin set madness.The Peter Pan collar is very cute and keeps it from looking dowdy.

Nothing too exciting with this style. This is more like a cardigan "block".

Interesting note:  the sizing is in years. Can you imagine the controversy that would cause today!?

I love the detailing on the one on the right.

Now we're talking! Probably too lacy for my taste, but still super cute!

Okay, last one...
I can't quite figure out the lace pattern on this one, but it's quite lovely.

I realized halfway through that this was basically just me posting my two vintage knitting boards on Pinterest. Some of the patterns are hit or miss, but I do find them lovely to look at!

Many of these can be purchased at The Retro Knitting Company.

Do you knit? Have you ever used a vintage pattern? What do you like to knit?

I'll be sure to post pictures if I ever get this cardigan off the ground!

No comments:

Post a Comment